Alexandra has filmed, produced, and directed twelve HBO Documentary Films. She started off her career at NBC News – where she served for a decade as a field producer. In 2000, she was assigned to cover the Bush campaign, which led to her first Emmy award-winning HBO documentary Journeys with George, following future President George W. Bush on the campaign trail.
Since then she has spent the last 16 years as an HBO documentary filmmaker, making 12 films including:
- Diary of a Political Tourist (following the 2004 presidential hopefuls)
- Friends of God (documenting the growing influence of evangelicals in America)
- The Trials of Ted Haggard (following disgraced former Pastor Ted Haggard)
- Right America: Feeling Wronged, (documenting the birth of the Tea Party movement)
- Homeless: Motel Kids of Orange County (documenting the lives of homeless children)
- Citizen USA: A 50 State Road Trip (attending naturalization ceremonies to meet brand-new citizens to find out why they chose America as their home)
- Fall To Grace (about disgraced former governor Jim McGreevey)
- San Francisco 2.0 (about the tech invasion of her hometown)
- Meet the Donors (about the billionaires bankrolling our democracy)
- The Words That Built America (A reading of the constitution)
- Outside The Bubble: On The Road With Alexandra Pelosi ( Talking to Trump supporters across the country)
Pelosi is also the author of two books Sneaking into the Flying Circus: How the media turn our elections in a freakshow and Citizen USA: A 50 State Roadtrip.
She lives in Greenwich Village with her husband, Dutch TV correspondent Michiel Vos, and their two sons Paul and Thomas.